[RESOLVED] HEVC main10 decoding support

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
mparade

[RESOLVED] HEVC main10 decoding support

Post by mparade »

Hello,

Is it possible to decode a main10 encoded source correctly without dithering to 8-bit using v2053?
I have a GTX1060 card which supports the format according to it's specs.

Thank you for your help.

mparade
admin

Re: HEVC main10 decoding support

Post by admin »

Yes, it is possible. Use the fulldepth parameter to DGSource. From the user manual:

fulldepth: true/false (default: false)
When fulldepth=true and the encoded video is HEVC 10-bit or 12-bit, then DGSource() delivers 16-bit data to Avisynth+ with the unused lower bits zeroed. The reported pixel format is CS_YUV420P16. If either of the two conditions are not met, then DGSource() delivers 8-bit YV12 or I420 data, as determined by the i420 parameter. When fulldepth=false and the video is HEVC 10-bit or 12-bit, then the video is dithered down to 8-bit for delivery. If you need a reduced color space (less than 16 bits) for your high-bit-depth processing, you can use ConvertBits() as needed after your DGSource() call.
Selur

Post by Selur »

delivers 16-bit data to Avisynth+
Is this also true for Vapoursynth?

Cu Selur
admin

Post by admin »

Vapoursynth can use Avisynth+ source filters so it seems reasonable that it would also be true for Vapoursynth. I am not a user of Vapoursynth so I do not know which spaces it supports but CS_YUV420P16 is a standard and I'd be surprised if Vapoursynth did not support it.