[RESOLVED] DGDecNV and Claymore dual miner

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Richardcau74

[RESOLVED] DGDecNV and Claymore dual miner

Post by Richardcau74 »

Hello,
I encode videos on a 2nd machine and have decided to turn that machine into a mining machine for crypto currency.

The problem i am having is when i use DGDecNV to de-interlace my videos during encoding the mining software seems to run fine for about 6-8 hours then windows crashes, when im not using DGDecNV it seems to mine fine. I was wondering if there was a way to find out which GPU DGDecNV is using as i lower the power usage on the GPU and my process of thinking is that lower power is causing the video engine in the nvidia card to crash, so i will have to increase it on whatever card is in use. Also there sharing cuda, would that cause issues? even a way to specify what GPU to use would be useful if there isn't one in the code already :)

Thanks
Richard
admin

Re: DGDecNV and Claymore dual miner

Post by admin »

Should be no problem for multiple apps using CUDA. Look at Settings/CUDA Device to set the GPU to use. You can also set it directly in the INI file.
DAE avatar
Richardcau74

Post by Richardcau74 »

Thankyou for your reply, So if i change the cuda device to 1 in the .ini file in the DGEncNV folder, then it will change in MeGUI when i encode?
admin

Post by admin »

Yes, but you have to change it in the INI file used by MEGUI. And of course you must have a second CUDA capable card installed.
DAE avatar
Richardcau74

Post by Richardcau74 »

Thankyou for your help, now that i know the card that is being used i can adjust power accordingly :hat:
admin

Post by admin »

Glad to be helpful, Richard. If you run into any potential issues for DGDecNV feel free to post again. Maybe you just got running too hot on a single card. Was it overclocked? Hehe, I know you miners like to squeeze every last drop out of the HW. ;)