[RESOLVED] Speed FPS

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
cosmix

[RESOLVED] Speed FPS

Post by cosmix »

Hi.
I have a question. I did ran DGIndexNV file. Dgi and the creation of a file. Avs have a question. How well did my avs script?

LoadPlugin("D:\Program Files\megui\tools\dgindexnv\
DGMultiDecodeNV.dll")
DGMultiSource("D:\Ripy\Wielkie migracje e01.dgi",fieldop=0, deinterlace=0, resize_w=1280, resize_h=720)
Load_Stdcall_Plugin("D:\Program Files\megui\tools\yadif\yadif.dll")
Yadif(order=-1)
crop( 2, 2, -2, -2)

#resize
#denoise

The idea is to use the full power of your graphics card. In this script, after activating the GPU-Z my GPU load ~ 14% and VideoEngineLoad ~ 50-60%. My graphics card is a Palit Geforce GTX460 1GB, and the latest drivers from nvidia.com. I'm using version 2013 dgindexnv and megui I can not install a newer version dgindexnv because it is not a new version DGMultiDecodeNV. There is only DGMultiDecodeNV v.2013

PS. When encoding file. ts HD. to .mkv I had speed 42 FPS. For the graphics card to do more?

PS. I attach the screen as it looks http://yfrog.com/6gusedj

Thank you and I hope to help
admin

Re: Speed FPS

Post by admin »

I don't support version 2013. Retry with 2037 and post again.
Karyudo

Post by Karyudo »

Isn't one of the issues the fact that the OP doesn't know he can upgrade to 2037 and not need DGMultiDecodeNV anymore? Otherwise it's a stalemate, isn't it?
DAE avatar
cosmix

Post by cosmix »

I installed version 2037 and unchecked the option "slow first pass" in the configuration of codec x264. Now, my results are as follows:

Output file: 1280x720 MKV 45:00 min
1 pass - 75 fps
2 pass - 25 fps

My question now is ... is it normal that 2 pass does so much slower? It is not possible to pass 1 and 2 did the same at 75 fps?
admin

Post by admin »

You're asking questions about x264. I don't provide support for x264. You may find support for x264 at the appropriate forum(s).

I believe it is typical to have a faster first pass, but the ratio will depend a lot on your encoding settings.
laserfan

Post by laserfan »

cosmix wrote:I installed version 2037 and unchecked the option "slow first pass" in the configuration of codec x264. Now, my results are as follows:

Output file: 1280x720 MKV 45:00 min
1 pass - 75 fps
2 pass - 25 fps

My question now is ... is it normal that 2 pass does so much slower? It is not possible to pass 1 and 2 did the same at 75 fps?
I can't imagine that with "slow first pass" checked, you got similar speeds for passes 1 and 2.

"slow first pass" means just that--MUCH slower than normal/default. To my knowledge whatever you select for the first pass doesn't affect the 2nd pass speed much if at all. BTW w/default 1st pass I get about 30 fps, with 2nd pass less than 10. I don't think "slow first" is worth the extra time, but ymmv.
DAE avatar
cosmix

Post by cosmix »

I have unchecked the option "Slow first pass", and I wrote in 1 pass I have 75fps and on the 2 pass is 25FPS. Interestingly, the XVID codec, speed is the same in 1 and 2 pass.

So it must be that 2 pass is slower if you can somehow change it?
DAE avatar
Didée

Post by Didée »

Feel free to use --preset ultrafast for the 2nd pass, and see it fly along. However, be prepared for reduced quality.

The point is that the 1st pass doesn't need to put much effort into motion search, RD stuff, and whatnotelse. Basically, it's only there to figure out where to put I-, P- and B-frames. (And to get relative framesizes.) The 2nd pass, in contrast, is doing practically everything that makes up for the final quality.

In other words - the question is not "why is 2nd pass so slow?", but rather "why is 1st pass so fast?" - with the answer given above. 1st pass is doing only a rough estimate. 2nd pass is doing the stuff that really counts.
DAE avatar
lych

Post by lych »

Given that the 2nd pass is doing the majority of the important stuff, I believe that one pass is sufficient for encoding most content (there will always be exceptions of course). 25fps seems pretty good for the 2nd pass in my book as I've had some encodes has were ~0.75fps (thanks to really complex avisynth scripts that require measuring the time to completion in seconds per frame ;) )
laserfan

Post by laserfan »

afaik the only reason for using >1 pass is if you are trying to hit a bitrate (i.e. file size) target. If not then 1-pass with a quality target is the way to go.