[RESOLVED] Invalid license suddenly

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
TCmullet

[RESOLVED] Invalid license suddenly

Post by TCmullet »

I've been running DGDecNV on two PCs for a long time. Both had Win 7 originally, but I upgraded both to Win 10 while the upgrade was free. DGDecNV still worked.

Very recently I had to install Win 10 from scratch (having obtained a CD of a Win 10 that is probably newer than the ones I was already using). I had to install Win 10 from scratch due to a catastrophic system drive failure. Now, my machine ID is different than it was before, and I get "invalid license" message upon trying to open a video file in DGDecNV. I used the license generator to list all my machine IDs, but the ID now showing in "About" is not in the list.

I am on 2052 (32-bit) of DGDecNV. But I"m using 64-bit Windows. (Win 7 and 10 that I've used all along was 64-bit.)
DAE avatar
TCmullet

Re: Invalid license suddenly

Post by TCmullet »

I decided that without waiting for a reply to this, I could observe that if I obtain new licenses for what I need, I'd still not have exhausted the 16 licenses, therefore I proceeded to do that. One of the existing ones was good, the one for the crashed drive was bad (which is still a mystery) along with 2 other PCs that were outdated (v204x). So I obtained 3 new licenses making total of 4 PCs I can run DGIndexNV on now.

I'll still check back here to see if you have an answer to the riddle of why reinstalling Win10 caused a new ID to appear.
admin

Re: Invalid license suddenly

Post by admin »

Upgrade to the latest version of DGDecNV. Some earlier versions had this behavior.

Upgrading from some earlier versions may require a new license, but things will be stable from then on. If you run out of licenses I will reset you to 16 again.