[SOLVED] dgsource ... vertical flipping (just asking)

Support forum for DGDecNV
hydra3333

[SOLVED] dgsource ... vertical flipping (just asking)

Post by hydra3333 »

Hello. I see there's nothing mentioned in the manual about an option in DGSource to vertically flip a video. I guess it's doable easily enough in vapoursynth, so just checking in case there is something in there but not exposed.

I have a new bicycle and an ebay cheapie to-be-delivered "MGCOOL Explorer 3" waterproof action camera which has to be mounted upside down on the handle bars :) The h.264 will be upside down and I don't feel like further angling my neck whilst editing it, after having come a cropper off the bike 3 times so far :lol:
I really do like it here.
admin

Re: dgsource ... vertical flipping (just asking)

Post by admin »

Nope, nothing built-in to DGSource(). You'll have to use FlipVertical(). Maybe you should do FlipHorizontal() too in order to avoid getting a mirror image. Or is my spatial IQ letting me down? :scratch:

I got one of those fat bikes recently (Fuji Wendigo 2). What did you get?

Can't you kludge up some kind of mount that isn't upside-down? Aussies are quite resourceful I understand.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Your flippin' IQ seems good
I believe that FlipHorizontal() is also required
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

Yes, brain fade and I realised it's a rotate 2 seconds after clicking submit, oh well. 2 flips will do it as you say.
It it a bianchi carbon fibre road bike and has survived the prangs so far thank goodness.
A new helment was required though, the old (good) helmet was worth every single solitary cent I paid for it and it is 50/50 possible it saved my life :)
I reckon I can do something with the mounts, but wasn't too fussed given the video tools we have, and want to see what the actual equipment feels like in my hands.
admin

Post by admin »

Thank heavens your life was spared!

Carbon fiber, wow! Strangely enough, I was involved with the early development of carbon fiber through one of my uncle Walter's companies, McCrone Research Institute (check out the right-hand coat of arms on my home page). I fondly remember taking the demo around London on my lap on the underground and getting some very curious stares. I remember rolling out carbon strands in beds of epoxy and having trouble cleaning my hands off. Walter did some microanalytical studies on prominent historical artifacts, including the Shroud of Turin and the Vineland Map, both of which he showed to be forgeries.

"Prangs". OK, off to the dictionary for that one...
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

Nice ! Smart people run in your family by the sounds :)

I admit I was given the bike by a relative whose name was well known internationally :D He was in many ways a world leader in that era in that field. Tough smart and durable, to operate and achieve at those levels. Although, his range of skills and physical attributes clearly didn't run to me since I stacked it so much. Oh well at least I got the hard head :)

Thanks for the feedback on dgsource etc.
admin

Post by admin »

I figured you must have a good pedigree, now you've confirmed it. Of course, we're all dying to know who it is. Maybe a hint or two? :scratch:

It is said that studies show that we are all connected by an average of 7 links to other people, or something like that. But a direct link is cool.

"I stacked it"

Back off to the urban dictionary...
hydra3333

Re: [SOLVED] dgsource ... vertical flipping (just asking)

Post by hydra3333 »

whilst the old fella is amazing, and at near 80 was last week on his bike grabbing the back of my jersey and pulling the two of us up a steep hill as I tried to dig deep, I'll leave it at that.
admin

Post by admin »

Trying to figure out why it was the back of the jersey and not the front. :scratch:

80 is the new 30. :lol:
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

admin wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:32 pm
Trying to figure out why it was the back of the jersey and not the front. :scratch:
Like an old time sling but hanging on ... per this in the days of steel frame bikes ...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1He4fH ... S0nHsY8oDJ
(nowadays they use a hand sling)
admin

Post by admin »

Weird.