Page 7 of 7

Re: [RESOLVED] Bad delay values for audio demuxed from bluray with a range set

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:27 pm
by admin
It's not just trimmed streams. For example, an off-air capture will be the same way. Streams like this are why you need to find a correct delay in the first place. If you limit things to streams that are already zero delay, there's no need to try to determine it. ;)

Re: [RESOLVED] Bad delay values for audio demuxed from bluray with a range set

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:28 am
by ggtop
Coming a bit late to the party...

I also agreee that checking with eyes and ears is the only reliable method.
I've seen too much mastering anomalies such as different audio formats on the same PID over m2ts in a mpls, no Audio in a m2ts etc.

I've written some checks I perform wirh Mediainfo in batch files to get some basic info of the processed source.

Afterwards I always check the muxed file for A/V sync.

ggtop

Re: Bad delay values for audio demuxed from bluray with a range set

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:38 am
by ggtop
admin wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:25 pm
I know you weren't asking for anything. I was just trying to make my position clear. If you figure out the source of your unexpected delay please let me know. Thanks.
I will do some more tests in the next week and let you know.

Re: Bad delay values for audio demuxed from bluray with a range set

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:41 am
by ggtop
admin wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:58 pm
Sorry, ggtop, I don't have it and I remember it was MPEG2 only in any case.
Never mind. Thank you anyway.

BTW For MPEG2 sources from DVD I normally use the A/V check feature of PGCDemux (works on IFO level)

Re: [RESOLVED] Bad delay values for audio demuxed from bluray with a range set

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:25 pm
by ggtop
Hi,

just wanted to reply on the weird issue I reported. I finally found out that the demuxed audio stream has an issue at around position 00:01:57h.
That was reported by TSMuxer on attempting to mux a Bluray folder from the original source. I used EAC3to to insert a silent frame at that position and now evrything is fine.

BTW All the tools I know didn't report an issue at that timestamp.

ggtop