[RESOLVED] Indexing Issue

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
dmcs

Re: Indexing Issue

Post by dmcs »

Here's the output. The overlay text works properly now.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
admin

Post by admin »

That is still weird that it couldn't query DGIndexNV.exe (only for you) but if it works now then OK I'll let it go.

Fix will be in the next slipstream. I still have a few other things to do.

Thanks for pointing out these issues and for your assistance with the debugging. :salute:
DAE avatar
dmcs

Post by dmcs »

Umm, I think I know where I messed up the overlay. I renamed the x64 dgindex .exe file so that it's easier for me to use in commandline (since both x86 and x64 version have the same file name.) I changed the name back to its original and now the overlay info works perfectly.

I am so sorry for the trouble. :( :( :(

There's one more thing I'd like to ask, regarding "show2". It seems like, it only works when x is the multiple of 10 and y is the multiple of 20.
I.e., "show2=5,10" --> overlay is at 0,0; "show2=38,40" --> overlay at 30,40; "show2="30,20" --> overlay at 30,20.
admin

Post by admin »

Oy, well, thank you for your honesty. It's not a total loss because I think it is better to query the DGDecodeNV.dll rather than DGIndexNV.exe, and I have added code to print nothing if the version query fails, rather than printing garbage.

Regarding show2 offsets, yes, that is a current limitation. If you make a strong argument, I can try to change it, but it would be low priority.
DAE avatar
dmcs

Post by dmcs »

admin wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:49 pm
Regarding show2 offsets, yes, that is a current limitation. If you make a strong argument, I can try to change it, but it would be low priority.
Ah, now I understand why it behaves that way. No, this is no issue. There's no need for any changes. :)
admin

Post by admin »

Great, thanks. I have 'forced subs only' to work on and then I can slipstream.