[RESOLVED] Staxrip 1.7+DGEnc+x264 = Unable to load DGDecodeNV.dll

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Chris

Re: Staxrip 1.7+DGEnc+x264 = Unable to load DGDecodeNV.dll

Post by Chris »

Easy, easy, I was just giving as much information as anyone wanting to help could maybe need. Not being a pro with this mostly-known-some-parts-new-environment I could not classify which information would be stupid not to mention and which one valuable. Yes, why you would not want external/other applications involved I do understand absolutely and had hoped to ease off the pressure regarding this with some of my last post already - no worries here (see below) :)

Alongside as I investigated further I found out staxrip is the least issue here - it's as I hoped a tool to pin-point the root cause. So as vdub2 is/was. The real issue wasn't being unable to display (DGDecNV.dll) the pictures served but when using x264.exe actually (also DGDecNV.dll).

Here's the solution that consisted of 3 different issues in the following order:
  • Didn't let go not knowing for sure if I have the correct AviSynth+ version/package. So I looked up stuff on the web and found UniversalAviSynthInstaller which I applied successfully with option 7. From here on vdub2 also displayed a picture and worked well. It also worked well with encoding ... but that's the internal vdub2 x264 encoder, not a real external exe. Knowing I could not just post those news here and still asking for help whereas the issue lies with external applications I had to come up with a new plan...
  • Since I could not find any suitable x264 vdprof to download on the web and had no idea how to set up external encoder myself I just went x264 command line. Of course, why did I not do this earlier - and look at DGDecNV manual how avs needs to be built, etc. Still encountering the same error when running x264.exe with the avs script applied. Crazy. Then I read your post about multiple dll's. Did a search on all fixed drives and encountered one - probably auto-copied - in UniversalAviSynthInstaller's AviSynthRepository plugin directory I immediately shift-deleted.
  • Seeing nothing but "64bit" and "x64" mostly during researches got those terms stuck in the back of my head somewhere which made them pop out all of a sudden thinking of possible solution attempts I could maybe perform - makes me look up x264.exe version in staxrip package: 32bit. Not kidding. Of course immediately replaced with freshly downloaded x64 version.

From here on I am more than seeing how glad I can actually be about making this extraordinary upgrade :wow:

Quick test encoding job I ran:
25 minutes 1280x720 50fps 13mbit ts file from DVBS2 into 8bit x264 preset slow, crf21, resize 720x400px, yadif
Before (without DGDecNV): ~14 minutes, don't remember fps anymore
After (with DGDecNV): ~5 minutes, 120-130fps

Dear sirs, you gave me a lot of input and sooner or later pointed me into the right direction to find solution (salvation, ha!). Thank you a lot for all of your help :salute:

I'll mark this thread as resolved then and only have to fine-tune new staxrip 1.7 a bit more and also get more used to it :D
admin

Re: [RESOLVED] Staxrip 1.7+DGEnc+x264 = Unable to load DGDecodeNV.dll

Post by admin »

Great to hear you have things working and thank you for the update. Good luck with your projects!
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Chris
You might find it works better if you generate your own AVS+ scripts and use them as inputs to StaxRIP.
This allows you to update the packages individually as needed
DAE avatar
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi gonca, could you give me an example here what this would look like? Something like a package manager for staxrip applications/plugins?
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

No package manager, you just do it yourself manually.
I created a folder and called it Program Files (Portable) and put my apps in there.
DAE avatar
Chris

Post by Chris »

Please provide me with an example. I'm really lost understanding what you could mean.
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

I have templates that DGIndexNV uses to create the scripts, see documentation
Have DGIndexNV index the file and when it is finished it will create the appropriate script
Use this script as input for StaxRip
When DGIndexNV is updated I update that
When MKVToolNix is updated I update just that
I use StaxRip to hold my Command lines "templates" and batch queues, and that is it