[RESOLVED] DGDecNV - CUDA + x264 HighLevel@4.1

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

[RESOLVED] DGDecNV - CUDA + x264 HighLevel@4.1

Post by macroMaggot »

Just bying license...
Didn't find any info about DGDecNV possibility to encode using CUDA and x264 High@4.1 in MeGUI.
Is it possible? Or like in MainConcept's CUDA - only Main?
thanks in advance. ;)
admin

Re: DGDecNV - CUDA + x264 HighLevel@4.1

Post by admin »

CUDA is the decoder in DGDecNV and it delivers uncompressed video via the Avisynth script. It can decode AVC High@4.1. You can encode that any way you want.

DGDecNV is *not* a CUDA-enabled encoder, just a decoder.
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

Post by macroMaggot »

neuron2 wrote:CUDA is the decoder in DGDecNV and it delivers uncompressed video via the Avisynth script. It can decode AVC High@4.1. You can encode that any way you want.

DGDecNV is *not* a CUDA-enabled encoder, just a decoder.
thank u man! going to test... :roll:
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

Post by macroMaggot »

loading m2ts from bluray into DGDecNV (it shows 1920x1088 29.970fps in the header) and get a message - "Stream specifies cropping. Do you want to crop?"
My answer is "NO"?? or YES to crop to 1080?.... :?:
admin

Post by admin »

In most cases you want to crop. You can set the option "Always crop 1088->1080" under Options so that this is done automatically without prompting you.
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

Post by macroMaggot »

neuron2 wrote:In most case you want to crop. You can set the option "Always crop 1088->1080" under Options so that this is done automatically without prompting you.
thanks a lot.
and maybe the last question...;)
i have a problem encoding in megui - job starts and nothing happens.
1-open m2ts in DGDecNV
2-F4 (project indexed and saved)
3-load project in avisynth 2.5.8 and set resize settings and so on
4-script saved and loaded into megui
5-encoding preset choosed and job enquened
6-job started and nothing happens

Do i need to fire up CUVIDserver? (no difference server started or not)
Can u give a link to step-by-step manual how to use Your DGDecNV with MeGUI?
Maybe the problem in x64 OS?

my config: Win7x64 Pro, GTX580, 8 RAM, 2xIntel QX9775.
admin

Post by admin »

What version of DGDecNV are you using? The CUVID server disappeared a long time ago.

I do not support MEGUI here. Please go to Zathor to get support for MEGUI. Many people are using DGDecNV successfully with MEGUI.
DAE avatar
Didée

Post by Didée »

Just in case your script is using multithreading via SetMTmode() - these days I had a case where such a script locked up right after loading. (Don't know the cause - generally DGDecNV now works flawlessly with SetMTmode. Just this one time, it didn't.)

The following little fix did make the problem disappear:

Code: Select all

SetMTMode(5,4)
DGSource("source.dgi")
ChangeFPS(last,last,true)   #  <<--- IanB's little trick for a small read-ahead /w caching

SetMTMode(2)
...processing...
admin

Post by admin »

Hey Didée, what's happening? :)

Check out the thread on MT with DGAVCDecDI. Whenever I add a SetMTMode(5,0) to my script the rendering rate goes catastrophically down. Any thoughts on that?

http://neuron2.net/board/viewtopic.php? ... rt=50#p657
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

Post by macroMaggot »

neuron2 wrote:What version of DGDecNV are you using? The CUVID server disappeared a long time ago.
my version is 2037. avisynth is 2.5.8
ok, i shall forget about CUVID server for ages... :)

hi.
i was trying to encode under winXPx32...
after loading DGDecNV project into avs script creator now i have such a warning:
AviSynth script error:
DGMultiSource: DGIndexNV/DGMultiDecoderNV mismatch. You are picking up a version of DGMultiDecodeNV,
possibly from your plugins directory, that does not match the version of DGIndexNV used to make the index file.
Search your harddisk for all copies of DGMultiDecodeNV.dll and delete or remain all of them except for the one
that has the same version number as the DGIndexNV.exe that was used to make the index file.

:shock: :shock:
i didn't use DGMultiDecoderNV at all. Index file was made using Your latest DGDecNV 2037 only...

The same problem suddenly appeared under win7x64, so i can not use Your decoder. :( Using shipped with MeGUI DGAVCIndex.exe
How can i solve it? :?:

PS
it seems to me i found the problem when job starts and nothing happens because of that error: --[Error] An error occurred: x264 [error]: invalid argument: nal-hrd = --b-pyramid
maybe because of "=".
I don't understand anything in scripting and arguments, just compared with working preset under winXP: --nal-hrd vbr --b-pyramid strict :roll:
admin

Post by admin »

Follow the instructions in the error message. You are shooting yourself in the foot by mixing versions.

Also, again, I am not the support provider for MEGUI. You'll have to go to Zathor to get support for it.
DAE avatar
Zathor

Post by Zathor »

The stable build of MeGUI is quite old. If you want to use the recent build of DGDecNV you have to switch to the development update server in the MeGUI settings. If you need further assistance then please go to doom9 as suggested by admin (e.g. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=105920).
admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, Zathor!
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

Post by macroMaggot »

So...
I tried shipped with MeGUI DGDecNV 2013 and everything was fine. The only problem seems to be in incompatibility latest 2037 version with preinstalled version of DGMultiDecodeNV.dll (2013). :idea:
Does DGMultiDecodeNV.dll v 2037 exist? :?: Or there is another way out?
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

Post by macroMaggot »

neuron2 wrote:Follow the instructions in the error message. You are shooting yourself in the foot by mixing versions.

Also, again, I am not the support provider for MEGUI. You'll have to go to Doom9 to get support for it.
I remember that... but it's not the MeGUI problem. Avisynth doesn't want to work with index file. Killing multidecNV.dll doesn't help - getting another avisynth error about absence of deleted multidecNV.dll... loop...
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

Post by macroMaggot »

Zathor wrote:The stable build of MeGUI is quite old. If you want to use the recent build of DGDecNV you have to switch to the development update server in the MeGUI settings. If you need further assistance then please go to doom9 as suggested by admin(e.g. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=105920).
admin wrote:Thanks, Zathor!
Thank You too
admin

Post by admin »

I'm willing to help you get things going but only to the point of opening a script in VirtualDub. Have you been able to do that?

Just wipe ALL current and old versions of the executables from your machine. Then install build 2037 and exactly follow the instructions in the Quick Start guide. Tell me where and how anything goes wrong.

You're getting yourself all confused by trying to use old versions and guides...for example, DGMultiDecodeNV.dll simply no longer exists, so you shouldn't be saying anything about it!
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

Post by macroMaggot »

neuron2 wrote:I'm willing to help you get things going but only to the point of opening a script in VirtualDub. Have you been able to do that?

Just wipe ALL current and old versions of the executables from your machine. Then install build 2037 and exactly follow the instructions in the Quick Start guide. Tell me where and how anything goes wrong.

You're getting yourself all confused by trying to use old versions and guides...for example, DGMultiDecodeNV.dll simply no longer exists, so you shouldn't be saying anything about it!
the problem is solved loading index-file into avisynth via script, not directly. All old files deleted, only 2037 left but still i can not load index-file directly - avisynth prints error warning about MultiDecodeNV.dll absence... I found more 5 users with the same problem.
PS
Anyway thank you for your patience. Good luck.
admin

Post by admin »

I find your last post to be unintelligible. Since you still seem to be going on about MEGUI, I'll close the thread as it is now off topic.