[RESOLVED] DGDECNV + Megui problem

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
pascoes

[RESOLVED] DGDECNV + Megui problem

Post by pascoes »

Hello. I understand that DGAVCdecNV has been discontinued, but thought that dgdecnv would have the same features and would work like it. I followed the tutorial here http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 230460#r12 explaining how to use megui + dgavcdecnv.

Here are the problems i got using dgdecnv+megui.
1: I think that DGDECNV does not use cuvidserver.exe application anymore, that's why it was not included in the package, but when I load the .dgi file in the AviSynth error creator, I get
AviSynth script error: DGMultisource:DGIndexNV/DgMultiDecodeNV mismatch. You are picking up a DGMultiDecodeNV, possibly from your plugins directory, that does not match the version of DGIndexNv used to make the index file
....etc I tried what the dialog had suggested, i.e. to rename all dgmultidecodenv.dll but nothing works.
admin

Re: DGDECNV + Megui problem

Post by admin »

Many people use the latest DGDecNV with MEGUI. Likely you are getting problems from using an old guide. While I do not support MEGUI I can suggest that you post about this in the MEGUI threads at other forums. I'm sure they can help you get things working.
DAE avatar
Zathor

Post by Zathor »

The stable build of MeGUI is quite old. If you want to use the recent build of DGDecNV you have to switch to the development update server in the MeGUI settings.
DAE avatar
macroMaggot

Post by macroMaggot »

pascoes wrote:Hello. I understand that DGAVCdecNV has been discontinued, but thought that dgdecnv would have the same features and would work like it. I followed the tutorial here http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 230460#r12 explaining how to use megui + dgavcdecnv.

Here are the problems i got using dgdecnv+megui.
1: I think that DGDECNV does not use cuvidserver.exe application anymore, that's why it was not included in the package, but when I load the .dgi file in the AviSynth error creator, I get
AviSynth script error: DGMultisource:DGIndexNV/DgMultiDecodeNV mismatch. You are picking up a DGMultiDecodeNV, possibly from your plugins directory, that does not match the version of DGIndexNv used to make the index file
....etc I tried what the dialog had suggested, i.e. to rename all dgmultidecodenv.dll but nothing works.
the solution is to load index file into avisynth via script, not directly.
Karyudo

Post by Karyudo »

Is it as simple as going to MeGUI's Options|Settings|Extra Config, opening 'Configure Servers' under 'Auto Update', and choosing 'Development' from the pull-down?
DAE avatar
Zathor

Post by Zathor »

Karyudo wrote:Is it as simple as going to MeGUI's Options|Settings|Extra Config, opening 'Configure Servers' under 'Auto Update', and choosing 'Development' from the pull-down?
Yes. But also there has been a new release a few minutes ago on the stable side so you do not need to switch to the dev builds - just click on "update".