Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar

Re: 4K HDR: failed to create video decoder on 43x.xx

Post by Guest »

That was quick :hat:
admin

Post by admin »

My subconscious mind was throwing up a coder's block and I couldn't figure out why. So I doubled up on the lactobacillus reuteri and the fish oil and a divine spark of creative energy blazed within me. :wow:

Thank you bacteria. Thank you fish. You have not lived in vain.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

admin wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:37 pm
I just convert to 8-bit for display by truncating; there's no need for anything fancier for DGIndexNV.
Humble hint for future release: provide path to DGHDRtoSDR in DGIndexNV.ini and use it to display preview when HDR is found using SDR display (vast majority of us, I think). On a second pass, ability to tweak parameters from DGIndexNV interface. And so for all the great CUDA filters you wrote. It would be less consuming than edit a script and preview in VirtualDub or so.
admin wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:37 pm
Now I need to regression test and update the documentation. Maybe I can make a slipstream tomorrow.
:bravo:
admin wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:17 pm
Thank you bacteria. Thank you fish. You have not lived in vain.
:D LOL
admin

Post by admin »

Guest 2 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:17 am
Humble hint for future release: provide path to DGHDRtoSDR in DGIndexNV.ini and use it to display preview when HDR is found using SDR display (vast majority of us, I think). On a second pass, ability to tweak parameters from DGIndexNV interface. And so for all the great CUDA filters you wrote. It would be less consuming than edit a script and preview in VirtualDub or so.
Sure it would be great to make DGIndexNV more capable. Similar to your idea, I have in the past thought of making DGIndexNV capable of frame accuracy when the index file is available. Then why not go all the way and allow it to invoke Avisynth/Vapoursynth filters, etc.? Wouldn't want to re-invent avspmod though, or would we?

OK, off to make the slipstream...
admin

Post by admin »

Slipstream 183 is released. Thank you again, Guest 2, for notifying us about this matter.

Marking resolved.
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

admin wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 am
Wouldn't want to re-invent avspmod though, or would we?
:oops:
admin wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:01 pm
Thank you again, Guest 2, for notifying us about this matter.
You are the most welcome. :hat: