[RESOLVED] Seamless branching issues?

Support forum for DGDecNV
Rocky

Re: Seamless branching issues?

Post by Rocky »

Slipstream 189 now supports sync correction for EAC3 streams. Regarding the THD stream, I looked a bit at it and possibly what is happening is that the THD frames are smaller such that the file gap desyncs are too small to accumulate to the point of needing correction. I am looking into correcting the THD embedded AC3 now. If that gets done, then all the demuxed audio streams from Cars 2 will be properly synced to the video.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Doing gaps correction for THD embedded AC3 was much trickier than hoped. 10 days. :wow: But it is now working. The Cars 2 embedded AC3 is now demuxed in good sync. I want to do some regression testing and a bit of refactoring, then give y'all a slipstream.
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

Way to go Rock!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Gaps processing for THD embedded AC3 demuxing now released in slipstream 190.

@renols

For me all the audio/subtitle streams in Cars 2 are now demuxed with proper sync to the demuxed video. Can we mark this thread resolved?
hydra3333

Post by hydra3333 »

:hat: :bravo: :)
I really do like it here.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Never mind. Bullwinkle wants to show us something. Will it be the long-lost rarebit, or a visit from beyond?
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

Rocky wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:25 am
Gaps processing for THD embedded AC3 demuxing now released in slipstream 190.

@renols

For me all the audio/subtitle streams in Cars 2 are now demuxed with proper sync to the demuxed video. Can we mark this thread resolved?
I think so.

Sounds great if al is now sorted :-)

If you want I can test with another one I have bought, which also has tons of playlists.

renols
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

renols wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:12 pm
If you want I can test with another one I have bought, which also has tons of playlists.
That would be awesome. We want DGDecNV to be the go-to tool for demuxing. :geek:
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

I have just tested with Cars, the first one, and everything looks to be in perfect sync.

Subs, thd and the embedded AC3 are all in sync at the start and at the very end.

I think that when it works on those two titles, it will work on everything with seamless branching. Can't imagine other movies with close to 80 m2ts files. I think 10-20 m2ts files is sometimes there, but the crazy amount on those Disney ones is extreme.

Very nice work :hat:

renols
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you renols very much for your testing and pushing for a solution to this matter, and your warm words of praise and encouragement, which motivate me to further action. My solution may not be perfect. Warts as Bullwinkle would say, but sometimes wartiness is the lesser evil. Long live warts.

Whee!
Bullwinkle

Re: [RESOLVED] Seamless branching issues?

Post by Bullwinkle »

http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=542

Given the lack of any progress on this major urgent issue after more than a year and a half, can we say that DGIndexNV is now beating EAC3TO at its own (demuxing) game?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

It seems so. :wow:
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

Hey Rock. When you added the HDR stuff the HEVC Info dialog Video grouping box got screwed up.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you, Bullwinkle, I'll take care of it in the next slipstream. Thanks for pointing it out. :salute:
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

You bet, Rocko. Check this out...

EAC3TO is stuck...you saw the link...because it's not about duplicated audio frames (an algorithm so bad it needs a "do-not-do-this" option). Something out of the celestial radiance? Don't think so. Duh, it's about the granularity of the access units. Gotta do a dynamic correction like Bresenham over time, keeping track of the accumulated desync and then deleting or repeating audio as needed when a desync threshold is crossed. Smart hoomins know what we're talking about. The rest, don't ask. Snort.

They call me Celestial. The Celestial One.