[RESOLVED] What is slipstream and how do I access it?

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Vraelon

[RESOLVED] What is slipstream and how do I access it?

Post by Vraelon »

The binary update thread has references to "slipstream" every update but never some kind of link. What exactly is it and how do I access it? I can't find information in the binary download directory.
Rocky

Re: What is slipstream and how do I access it?

Post by Rocky »

When a slipstream is released, I simply replace dgdecnv2053.zip in the binaries area with the updated one. So all you need to do is re-download dgdecnv2053.zip. The slipstream number can be seen in DGIndexNV's Help/About dialog. It is also in the file properties for both DGIndexNV.exe and DGDecodeNV.dll. I follow this somewhat crazed method for reasons I prefer not to discuss.

Welcome to the forum!
DAE avatar
Vraelon

Post by Vraelon »

Ok, thanks for the help and quick response :D
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

You are most welcome, Vraelon!

I should make this explanation a part of every slipstream notification post. I will try to remember to do so.
DAE avatar
TCmullet

Post by TCmullet »

Vraelon wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:25 am
Ok, thanks for the help and quick response :D
Yes, a VERY good question, and I second the motion! :hat:

Also, making it clearer that you simply copy the new dll over the old one (and where it is) would be helpful to some. Most of us just use it and do not remember details of how to install (esp. if it was years ago), whether reregistration is necessary or not, etc. We're used to using installers that do everything and ask us any needed questions. (I'm not saying there should be an installer for this. Just offering a reason why the simpler way here is not always obvious to some of us.)
Bullwinkle

Re: [RESOLVED] What is slipstream and how do I access it?

Post by Bullwinkle »

Looks like DGDecNV is not for you. Better go with some easy GUI app. DGDecNV is for savvy people. Strong experienced users and developers.

Rocky is busy coding some new doodad he fantasized (good luck with that -- NV is more tightly coupled than you hope), so I am running this forum for now. Be good!

They call me very savvy and super STRONG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M26ug8MGYlY
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Bullwinkle wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:15 am
Rocky is busy coding some new doodad he fantasized (good luck with that -- NV is more tightly coupled than you hope)
Don't be so negative Bullwinkle! I already have DGDemux disconnected from NV and I have just now performed my first full demux from Cars 2 using DGDemux. Just have to clean up a lot of stuff, remove the licensing (not so easy, else it would be easy for crackers), and make a user manual. Looks like we are on track for Christmas, maybe even Thanksgiving!

DGDemux will be a great thing to bring people into the DG world. ;)
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I have created a new subforum for DGDemux development and discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=793