Ah, the tile work took longer than expected but it's looking good. Here is what Bullwinkle
and I managed to do:
Note the awesome job we did on the oblique corner. We call that a "folded corner". Figured that out on our own! Now we only have to re-grout a few washouts and then grout seal just the line between the countertop and the first tile row (may caulk it with a matching color instead). Laticrete PermaColor Select grout technically does not require sealing but we think it's a good idea to further protect that first grout line. The cabinets and grout are both Twilight Blue. And no, it's not a coincidence that the color matches my flying cap! Bullwinkle
wanted brown but I thought that would not be good for a kitchen. And of course Natasha
Some advice to others: think twice before deciding to do something like this on your own. You can save thousands of $$$ but it's very intense and requires sustained attention to detail and fast action as the grout wants to fire off on you before you can use up the batch. We did it in small batches to avoid wasting grout. That's what made this take longer than expected. Color consistency between batches with Laticrete is excellent.
So, hoping to get back to DG tools work in the next few days. Thank you for your patience to those awaiting fixes for their issues.