[RESOLVED] Question about DGIndexNV

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
filmfan

[RESOLVED] Question about DGIndexNV

Post by filmfan »

Hi, I've been looking at the DGDecNV suite as a possible source of being able to take frame craptures from Blu-ray discs without any unecessary processing or color space issues rearing their head. I used DGAVCIndex back in the day and it was pretty great for taking random grabs, but the frame-by-frame navigation was a bit of a headache for me because you couldn't move backwards frame-by-frame.

Now, obviously we can't trial DGDecNV before I buy, and I don't want to buy "blind" so could I ask if DGIndexNV works much the same way that DGAVCIndex did in terms of enabling me to take kinda "raw" screengrabs in rec.709, but now I can navigate a bluray disc both backwards and forwards frame-by-frame with no issues? Are there any issue with pictue breakup when navigating frame by frame at all? I own a GTX 980ti graphics card BTW.

Thanks!
Rocky

Re: Question about DGIndexNV

Post by Rocky »

Welcome to the forum filmfan!

You can't back up by frame in DGIndexNV. But what you can do is save the project and load the avs script in VirtualDub2. Then you can move forward and backwards as needed and use 'Video/Copy source frame to clipboard'. There should be no picture breakup as DGDecNV was designed specifically to support robust random access.
DAE avatar
filmfan

Re: [RESOLVED] Question about DGIndexNV

Post by filmfan »

Thanks for clearing that up for me Rocky, so it's basically an alternative external decoder I can use with Vdub2, kinda like ffmpeg? Am I along the right lines here?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Yes, that's about right. DGIndexNV can make the script automatically if you use a template, so it need not be cumbersome to do things this way.
DAE avatar
filmfan

Post by filmfan »

Awesome Rocky, thanks again!