[RESOLVED] Any idea why internet access requested

Support forum for DGDecNV
laserfan

[RESOLVED] Any idea why internet access requested

Post by laserfan »

I installed ZoneAlarm some time ago and notice that it pops-up when DGIndexNV is running: "DGIndexNV.exe is trying to access the Internet. Destination IP 224.0.0.252". Whois doesn't tell me anything about this ip--does it really need 'net access or is ZA lying to me?

EDIT: OK I just got the exact same pop-up when I tried LM's 64-bit launcher ("launcher.exe is trying to use x264_x64.exe to access the Internet Destination IP 224.0.0.252". Not related to DGIndexNV unless it's something to do with my .avs (DGMultiSource("videoIN.dgi")).

Must admit I'm stoopid about multicast ip addresses--can someone put my mind at ease... :oops:
admin

Re: Any idea why internet access requested

Post by admin »

Hey man, I wouldn't even know how to dial out if I wanted to!

DGTools does not access the internet.

ciao!
Don
DAE avatar
mastrboy

Post by mastrboy »

that ip is a local multicast address... :? (224.0.0/24 is all for local multicast: http://www.iana.org/assignments/multica ... ddresses-1)
laserfan

Post by laserfan »

Ok, while "local multicast" is still a complete mystery to me, I will tell ZoneAlarm to ignore same... :o

Hey Big D, congrats on your spambot filtering efforts, though I must admit the questions are not un-challenging! :shock: :D

So far so good, though I prefer the "who's buried in Grant's tomb" kinda queries myself! :P
admin

Post by admin »

laserfan wrote:Hey Big D, congrats on your spambot filtering efforts, though I must admit the questions are not un-challenging! :shock: :D

So far so good, though I prefer the "who's buried in Grant's tomb" kinda queries myself! :P
That's how I keep total idiots out of here. :)

Don't worry, laserfan, you're here therefore you are not a total idiot. See how good it works? :twisted: