[RESOLVED] use_pf switch

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Guest 2

[RESOLVED] use_pf switch

Post by Guest 2 »

Dear Rocky,

could you please explain me a bit more about use_pf switch? How much reliable is that?

I mean: I have a DVD stream like this (FFMPEG trick):

[Parsed_idet_0 @ 00000256a2101fc0] Repeated Fields: Neither: 4927 Top: 33 Bottom: 42
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 00000256a2101fc0] Single frame detection: TFF: 3704 BFF: 26 Progressive: 180 Undetermined: 1092
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 00000256a2101fc0] Multi frame detection: TFF: 4975 BFF: 0 Progressive: 24 Undetermined: 3

I could use deinterlace=1 and forget about anything else but the use_fp switch triggered my curiosity.

How does use_pf works? It takes every frame and test it for interlacing, following less or more the above subdivision?

Thanks.
Bullwinkle

Re: use_pf switch

Post by Bullwinkle »

Oy oy oy, Jeez Louise!

We want nothing to do with automated heuristic frame analyzers. Look, we told you before you have to examine each DVD with your eyes and brain. use_pf does not analyze anything; it just reads a flag from the stream. The option is described in the DGDecodeNV manual:

"Use the progressive_frame indication from NVCUVID. If deinterlace=1 or deinterlace=2, and use_pf=true, then only frames marked as interlaced by NVCUVID will be deinterlaced. If deinterlace=1 or deinterlace=2, and use_pf=false, then all frames will be deinterlaced."

Sadly for you, this flag is not always accurate. Again, you have to use your eyes and brain to determine if it is usable for any given stream. You'll get good at it and find the time to figure out what you need is tiny compared to the encoding time. OK, you don't want to do anything because you have thousands of DVDs. I get it, but Bore-Ass broke our magic wand.

If you don't want to do things right, then get some goofy Do_It_All_For_You type app and be happy.

Is that rude?
Boris

Post by Boris »

Bullwinkle wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:55 am
Bore-Ass broke our magic wand.
Watch it, Moose! Feel that itch in your groin? Fleas of a thousand camels I dumped on you last night when you were sleeping. Enjoy!
Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle »

I wondered what that itch was. You evil bastard. I can't even go to the vet because of the quarantine!
DAE avatar

Post by Guest »

Try this Guest 2
http://rationalqm.us/faq.html
I believe Rocky might have helped write it

PS
Bullwinkle there are ointments for your itch
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Bullwinkle wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:11 am
I wondered what that itch was. You evil bastard. I can't even go to the vet because of the quarantine!
We aim to please. ;)
DAE avatar
Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Bullwinkle wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:55 am
Is that rude?
LOL, I deserved it, probably. :D

I just wanted some more info about what CUVID reports as interlaced or not, if it is merely based on scan type (i.e. interlaced even with progressive material) or not. My mind couldn't sort out the use_pf merely on the DGDecode html.

P.S: About fleas... tried with fire? :lol: