[RESOLVED] Problem loading AVCHD file from Canon HF S21

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
WorBry

[RESOLVED] Problem loading AVCHD file from Canon HF S21

Post by WorBry »

As a first time user, I've just installed DGDecNV 2038 (32 bit) on my Dell laptop (Core2Duo 1.67GHz, 2GB RAM, DirectX Runtime v11) running Vista (SP2). The Nvidia GPU is a GeForce 8400M GS (upgraded driver to latest 266.58).

At present I'm testing sample AVCHD files from various camcorders (with a view to buying one).

With native (mts) 1080p50/60 clips from the Panasonic TM/SD 700 series camcorders, I frequently get 'GPU decoder: Failed to create video decoder (100)', and it takes several retries before they load. I also find that the resultant DGSource transcodes (say to FFDShow Huff-YV12) encode much slower than using dss2 (with FFDShow ffmpeg-mt). I suspect both aspects relate to the 8400M GS being a fairly 'low-end' card (although VP2....I think). I do plan, at some point, to upgrade/replace my main 'encoding' PC, possibly with a higher-end NVidia card, but, for now, my only option for testing is the laptop. Not exactly a power house I know.

More to the point, I'm experiencing other problems loading native mts clips from a Canon Vixia HF S21. Either DGDecNV crashes or I get the following error:

'CuMemcpyDtoH:error1'

Would appreciate advice on the likely cause/solution.

Here's a sample 1080i60 clip:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dj56mik1ilfoct1

I would have trimmed it down for upload, but didnt want to mess with the original file structure.

BTW - 'List of GPU devices' in DGDecNV shows as 0: "GeForce 8400M GS", Compute 1.1, 115 MB, 2 SMs

Cheers.
admin

Re: Problem loading AVCHD file from Canon HF S21

Post by admin »

You are indeed memory-bound. You need a card with at least 256MB.
DAE avatar
WorBry

Re: Problem loading AVCHD file from Canon HF S21

Post by WorBry »

OK thanks for the advice. I dont think it is possible to upgrade the card in my laptop, but that is something to bear in mind when I eventually upgrade/replace my 'encoding' PC. Guess I'll have to continue using dss2/ffmpeg-mt for now, despite the glitches and freeze-ups.