[RESOLVED] Issue with a specific video

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
boulderdash09

[RESOLVED] Issue with a specific video

Post by boulderdash09 »

Hi,

For the first time (I think), I have a decoding problem with DGDecNV/DGIndexNV

Here is a sample of my mkv, a 4K HDR video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tL5n_2 ... sp=sharing

If you open DGIndexNV.exe and play the sample with it, you will see that the video makes "flashes" at about 00:00:22 (just after the logo and when you can read some static words in French). Of course if I want to encode the video using DGSource, the result is the same...

If you open the video with any player, you will see that everything is fine, no flashes at all. If I encode my video with Staxrip and FFVideoSource for example (instead of DGSource), everything is ok and my encode has no issue.

Could you investigate on that specific problem ?

Thanks a lot.
Rocky

Re: Issue with a specific video

Post by Rocky »

Sure, I'll look into it. And welcome to the forum, boulderdash09!
DAE avatar
boulderdash09

Post by boulderdash09 »

Thank you Rocky.

I'm using this version of DGDecNV : 2053.0.0.221 (the last version I think)
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Looks like a problem with your file. Play it in MPC-HC with CUVID HW decode enabled. Enable statistics with View/Statistics. Now play it and watch the dropped frames. As it plays through the section that is bad in DGIndexNV, you will see it drop 7 frames. I don't know what criteria is used to drop, but DGIndexNV delivers a frame for all encoded frames.

Tell me about who made this file, where they got the source, and how they made it. Do you have other files that do this?
DAE avatar
boulderdash09

Post by boulderdash09 »

Thank you for your reply,

Yes I can see the dropped frames in MPC-HC and I understand now why we have this issue. It's really the first time I see a file that do this with DGIndexNV.

The file is simply a "copy" of a bluray made with makemkv but maybe there was a problem during the process... I will try again.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Yes, please try again. Also, tell me the bluray with a link if possible so that I can purchase it.

Maybe you can just skip the initial sequence for your encode. It looks pretty useless. Unless of course it happens later during the actual film.
DAE avatar
boulderdash09

Post by boulderdash09 »

This is this bluray (a French 4K movie) : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breathless-4K- ... ROKL5A1OLE

I made another tests (with DVDFab and Makemkv) and I think makemkv can be the problem. On the bluray, the logo and the text after the logo (the "bad" section) are not on the same stream (there are two m2ts files) : If I open the two m2ts files in DGIndexNV.exe, I can watch them without any problems but if I create a single mkv file with MakeMkv, I reproduce the issue...

I already encoded several files with the same process (Makemkv + staxrip with DGSource) but this is really the first time I see this. However it doesn't come from DGSource so that's good news :) (or maybe it's a very special case I don't know)

Thank you very much for your investigations and your time !
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

You're welcome and thank you for the update.