Help with multidecimate

Support for my Avisynth filters
admin

Re: Help with multidecimate

Post by admin »

Ben wrote:It is important that I am able to match the results between the original clip and the multidecimated clip.
I don't know what that means. How could they match if one has frames removed and one doesn't?
DAE avatar
Ben

Post by Ben »

I am sorry to have confused you by referring to the ultimate use of the multidecimate video clip in another program that you know essentially nothing about.

I do have several questions which relate specifically your multidecimate filter:

All of the questions relate to the quality of the final final video clip which has been decimated.

1. Is there a preferred encoder or converter for the avisource?
2. Does converting the avisource with yuy2 decrease the quality of the final file?
3. Is there a preferred encoder or converter for the final .avi film clip when it is saved?
4. Does the conversion or encoding of the original video clip or the saving of the decimated clip decrease the quality of the final decimated video clip?

Thanks!

Ben
admin

Post by admin »

Ben wrote:1. Is there a preferred encoder or converter for the avisource?
2. Does converting the avisource with yuy2 decrease the quality of the final file?
3. Is there a preferred encoder or converter for the final .avi film clip when it is saved?
4. Does the conversion or encoding of the original video clip or the saving of the decimated clip decrease the quality of the final decimated video clip?
1. Impossible to answer without knowing your criteria for preference, and your use case.

2. If the source is already chroma subsampled, then no. If the source is not subsampled (e.g., RGB), then yes.

3. See answer to 1.

4. It depends on the bitrate you choose for encoding but there will always be some degradation. It is minimal to insignificant if you choose an appropriate bitrate.

This is now off topic for this thread. You will be better off seeking general advice at the Videohelp forum.