DGDemux development

User avatar
Bullwinkle
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Re: DGDemux development

Post by Bullwinkle » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:26 pm

Your best play is to complete the upload and wait for Rocky's analysis.

User avatar
Rocky
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Re: DGDemux development

Post by Rocky » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:17 pm

If it is just a system locale issue, then likely we can fix that. But you better stop slagging us off at other forums, if you want us to work free to solve your problems.

Please tell us what is the system locale setting that you use, which you expect to work with your files. Regarding your claimed AV desync, please give the MPLS that you use, and the demuxed audio stream that you claim is out of sync. If you want us to work quickly, please don't take 3 days to give the answers.

gonca
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: DGDemux development

Post by gonca » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:28 pm

If I may interject regarding different stream sizes and possible desync
Took a BD folder that is on HDD, this is a professionally authored disc, i.e. a "Hollywood" movie
Main mpls is 00800.mpls
Run Mediainfo on said playlist
sample.txt
(33.26 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
and this is a summary of relevant numbers
summary.txt
(219 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
or
film 1 h 54 min 53 s 928 ms
video 1 h 54 min 53 s 929 ms
Audio 1 1 h 54 min 53 s 920 ms
Audio 2 1 h 54 min 53 s 931 ms
Audio 3 1 h 54 min 53 s 931 ms
Audio 4 1 h 54 min 53 s 931 ms
Audio 5 1 h 54 min 53 s 952 ms
Note the streams have different lengths, no demuxer used, no desync issues, timings from folder structure with Mediainfo applied to mpls

User avatar
Rocky
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Re: DGDemux development

Post by Rocky » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Yeah, I don't know why he is making such a big deal out of it. When his upload is complete I will test whether there is any desync.

gonca
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: DGDemux development

Post by gonca » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:01 pm

It is also a single m2ts file

User avatar
Rocky
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Re: DGDemux development

Post by Rocky » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:58 pm

@zqslzwzw

I want to sort out your desync claims first before addressing the system locale matter. You have claimed "severe desync". However, I used DGDemux to demux everything and then I used mkvtoolnix to mux the English DTS MA stream and the video stream. The resulting MKV plays in sync throughout the movie. Please explain how you observe "severe desync".

Also, please tell your exact system locale definition.

zqslzwzw
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 am

Re: DGDemux development

Post by zqslzwzw » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Rocky wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:17 pm
If it is just a system locale issue, then likely we can fix that. But you better stop slagging us off at other forums, if you want us to work free to solve your problems.

Please tell us what is the system locale setting that you use, which you expect to work with your files. Regarding your claimed AV desync, please give the MPLS that you use, and the demuxed audio stream that you claim is out of sync. If you want us to work quickly, please don't take 3 days to give the answers.
Rocky wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:58 pm
@zqslzwzw

I want to sort out your desync claims first before addressing the system locale matter. You have claimed "severe desync". However, I used DGDemux to demux everything and then I used mkvtoolnix to mux the English DTS MA stream and the video stream. The resulting MKV plays in sync throughout the movie. Please explain how you observe "severe desync".

Also, please tell your exact system locale definition.
Any way, sorry for my silly post at another forum where I mention DGDemux. I have thought I am a volunteer here and there, who spend his free time a lot and contribute to these project in another form. I feel upset as you claimed I am slagging your work. In fact, I really appreciate your great talent and this great project and have removed the related statement.

The needed information is being prepared. Please allow for my limited bandwidth, and the time zone difference. Thank you.

User avatar
Rocky
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Re: DGDemux development

Post by Rocky » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Thank you. I'll edit my post too. Don't see why you need to prepare telling me what your system locale is set to and which track you think has desync problems, but OK. I could be working on this right now if you simply told me those things.

EDIT: I can't edit my post because you quoted it. ;) Anyway, I gave you some ideas for getting started.

zqslzwzw
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 am

Re: DGDemux development

Post by zqslzwzw » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 pm

Rocky wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:23 pm
Thank you. I'll edit my post too. Don't see why you need to prepare telling me what your system locale is set to and which track you think has desync problems, but OK. I could be working on this right now if you simply told me those things.

EDIT: I can't edit my post because you quoted it. ;) Anyway, I gave you some ideas for getting started.
Actually I do not know how to check the locale setting and I have to do some research. I want to report exact information to save your time. Besides, my English is so poor that I have to turn to Google Translation frequently. Moreover, I still have some urgent work to deal with.
Never mind the previous posts, it's OK.

1. The locale is (I think it is the setting of 'Language for non-Unicode programs'): Chinese (simplified, China).

2. I am shame that I cannot duplicate the AV desync phenomenon. It must be some mistakes have been made by me. I am sorry to waste your analysis.
The rough progress I found and reported AV desync:
demux
-> mux the obtained audio streams and the video stream of another decosded mkv which is authorized by 'WiKi', found AV out of sync
-> package all the audio streams to mka file
-> play the original disk, drag these mka file and then listen to it, finding AV still out of sync
-> play the above decoded version, drag these mka file and then listen to it, finding AV still out of sync
-> try other tools, making no difference
-> check all the duration of the these audio streams
-> ask question here (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=793&start=160#p10409, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=793&start=160#p10417)
-> check again (but not totally repeat all the above procedures)
-> report 'bug' here with deficient confidence (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=793&start=170#p10422)

Hope that you don't mind I continue to report suspicious problem here.

Sharc
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: DGDemux development

Post by Sharc » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:41 am

Hi,
Would it make sense to add the language identifier to the 'xxxxx PID yyyy embedded.ac3' extracted core filename, like 'xxxxx PID yyyy embedded eng.ac3', for example ?
Convenient luxury, I know.

Post Reply