Question concerning 264 & mvc files

DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

I was poking around in the files and the norm (>>800 pages :shock: ) for some time...
but I was unable to really catch the item in one of the NALs present in the two files which would give away the info which is finally used to determine the "stereo mode" (left eye / right eye first) as it is used in a mkv file...

can somebody give me a hint, please?
thanks!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

DGDemux doesn't make any declarations about eye assignments, just demuxes main and dependent streams. Not enough experience here with 3D streams to advise you about conventions for eye assignments. May be better to ask at D9 or VH.
DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

ok. No problem
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Useful info here:

https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=15

I will look into parsing the eye assignment and reporting it when opening a disk. If there is a tag in the MKV I can report that as well when opening an MKV.
DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

thank you for the link; indeed interesting info; I think the planes of the subs are covered nicely with the Tag-files;

I have scrolled through the MCV-SEI (and the others) as far I could manage it...
but have not found a clear indication from which data this right/left-issue could be resolved; also MediaInfo in the debug mode gave no hint...
maybe it can only be pulled from the BD itself;

I'm concocting a primitive mkv-wrapper to pack the 264 and mvc files into a mkv for later use with MKVToolnix; to know for sure the right/left would be nice; at the time being I have hardwired "left" (I think most are left; in the cases where this is wrong it can still be manually corrected with MKVToolnix);
if there is no "natural" place for it in one of the NALs then also an extra file (like an empty "right.txt") would be ok...

Thanks
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Originally posted by jdobbs at Doom9 forum:

In the AppInfoPlayList() table of the MPLS file -- look for MVC_Base_view_R_flag. It is a 1 bit flag -- if it is set to 0 then the MVC base view is for the left eye. If it is set to 1 then the base view video stream is for the right eye.

Note: It is bit 4 of the byte located at offset 56 (0x38) of the MPLS file (with offset 0 being the first byte of the file).

OFFSET 0x38: 000X 0000
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Please re-download 1.0.0.58 and update DGDemux.exe. When you open a 3D disk it will show the eye assignment on the streams list.

Do you need anything else?
DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

that looks good, Thanks !

I made a different observation in the context of looking closer into the 3D files..
for example with "the rise of Skywalker" the analysis of the playlist (00800) says 2 m2ts files:
00573.m2ts and 01051.m2ts;

but during ripping (after ~1% ) the tool reports 1042.m2ts and 1051.m2ts and then at the very end 1052.m2ts...

with my mkv wrapper I'm parsing from NAL to NAL (obviously) but this disc tripped the algorithm because around 1,5% progress, it encounters a NAL "0x00 00 01 0A" which I thought marks the end of file...

maybe there is some kind of "spill over" from those unexpected m2ts files causing this problem?
I have implemented a work around for this situation, so not overly critical (I hope).

So, thank you again for the update
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Very interesting. Please provide a link to purchase that same disk.
DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you. For future reference, place links within the url tag (use the link button) otherwise they will not appear.
DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

ok;
shall I do it again, or did you manage somehow?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I edited your post to add the missing url tag.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Disk ordered.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I tried the US version because the one you linked is 3 times the cost. But this one has different M2TS files than what you showed.

Can you please post a link to the MPLS file from your disk? Also, give your exact DGDemux command lines.

Finally why are your two displays different colors? Looks like you did something different between listing and demuxing.
DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

sorry for the delayed response; I was out of town;

the black background is the output of the cli in cmd.exe during ripping;
the white background is a txt file: I divert the mpls analysis into a file in order to parse it and to create a command line for DGDemux.exe;

I sent you the link via PM; its a zip with the mpls and the analysis txt where I have put in at the very end the complete command line for DGDemux;
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you. I also need the command line for the open MPLS listing.
DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

you mean the command line creating the mpls analysis?...
I used:
apps\DGDemux\DGDemux.exe -i "G:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00800.mpls"
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Aha, noticed in the MPLS that it is a 3D disk, then I checked your streams listing and yes, it is. That's good because that means there is no problem. The M2TS list shows only the base stream files. When demuxing, however, after each base M2TS in the list it also demuxes the corresponding dependent stream file if enabled for demux. I can differentiate the two when displaying the names during demux.
DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

good;
but why is there in the resulting H264 file a "0x00 00 01 0A" after ~1.5% of progress?
or am I wrong and this does not indicate "end of file" ?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

It is end of sequence. I cannot tell you why it is there. DGDecNV ignores them. I don't know what other software does with them.
DAE avatar
arrgh

Post by arrgh »

ok, thank you;
I have covered it in my tool, so, I'm good.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

If you re-download build 58 it will show base versus dependent when displaying the M2TS files being demuxed (for 3D disks).