DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
DAE avatar
doc_dvxm
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:39 am

DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by doc_dvxm »

Hi Donald,

Firstly I want to thank you for your hard work with all your tools.

Yesterday, I've started using your h264 indexing tool - DGAVCDecodeDI. I can say that I am very satisfied with the speed of both - DGAVCDecodeDI & DiAVC.

Also, today, after updating to 2006 (svn) version of meGUI, meGUI going to crash when I am trying to load a properly indexed with succesfully licensed & activated version of DGAVCDecodeDI & DiAVC.

Btw, I am able to load same script with AvsP fine.

My script is:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGAVCDecodeDI.dll")

DGSource("S:\The ....... 2006\Sources\The.........2006.AVC.FRA.DTSHD.dgi").AssumeFPS(24000,1001)

Spline36Resize(1920, 798, 0, 140, -0, -142)
Maybe it is a bug in meGUI - it was reported to related thread at Doom9. But meGUI loading succesfully same file with FFMS2. Also it loaded succesfuly same file indexed with DGAVCDecode (as a .dga file)

Did you have any suggestions?

Btw, my OS is Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate Edt.

Thanx in advance...

doc
DAE avatar
doc_dvxm
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:39 am

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by doc_dvxm »

Reinstalling of meGUI resolve the problem.

Sorry for inconvenience.
DAE avatar
doc_dvxm
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:39 am

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by doc_dvxm »

My problem still persist. Sometime, it opens properly, but usually meGUI going to crash....

I've switched to stable server and back to 1939 (svn) but it's same... Also, it's same with 2008 (svn)...

There is no problem when I am using x264 commandline with same script....

What's wrong ???
DAE avatar
RGB
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by RGB »

MeGUI always crashes when I open a script that uses DGAVCDecodeDI, which is a shame, as I like using MeGUI.
DAE avatar
Nick007
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Nick007 »

From experience of my friend, recent versions of Megui are bogus. I'm using old 0.3.4.0 with vfw4x264.exe and 64-bit x264.exe and it never ever failed on me. If the script previews in AvsPmod, then it opens in Megui 0.3.4.0 without problems. I use Megui only as frontend (queue, saved settings, log, bitrate calc) for custom avs (not because its built-in stuff) and 0.3.4.0 just works, so I haven't had any need for upgrading.
DAE avatar
RGB
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by RGB »

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. :-)
DAE avatar
Matrosko
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Matrosko »

There is not support in megui for this tool.
If i try to load an index to crate script it gives me a popup error like this:
Image

So to load the index i must rename DGavcdecDi.dll to DGavdecNV.dll and put it on dgindexnv folder.
Also diavc.ax is in the same folder.
Doing so i can create a script but when i try to load it... megui crashes with this error:

Code: Select all

Firma problema:
  Nome evento problema:	BEX
  Nome applicazione:	megui.exe
  Versione applicazione:	1.0.2068.0
  Timestamp applicazione:	4ee68152
  Nome modulo con errori:	diavc.ax_unloaded
  Versione modulo con errori:	0.0.0.0
  Timestamp modulo con errori:	4ceec48f
  Offset eccezione:	7384c768
  Codice eccezione:	c0000005
  Dati eccezione:	00000008
  Versione SO:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.1296.17
  ID impostazioni locali:	1040
  Informazioni aggiuntive 1:	fa66
  Ulteriori informazioni 2:	fa6696398de2b9f98383d7a3bf5c3ea1
  Ulteriori informazioni 3:	d1ed
  Ulteriori informazioni 4:	d1edbcc00c19a40f9b56bb439c959571
The script is loaded fine on virtualdub.

Code: Select all

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGUI-x86\tools\dgindexnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("E:\test\test.dgi",fieldop=0)
LanczosResize(624,352) # Lanczos (Sharp)
Dunno why you asking money for this thing.
Latest ffdsow runs about the same speed and it's free.
This software is not even supported by megui.
The only way to encode with x264 is by command line.
The only way to encode with xvid is using witualdub but final filesize become erroneus with same settings that gives perfect results with ffdshow, and, finally i cant use xvid_encraw via cmd because crashes too.
With xeon 8 core, from 1080p source, only 50fps vs 40fps given by ffdshow (20% more?).
And i must do everything by cmd...
Why any DG indexing tool is supported by megui and not this?
Could please send a free copy of this tool to the developer of megui to add this on his code?

thanks
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin »

The DI software version is documented as alpha quality. It will likely not be developed any further. If you need a refund PM me your details.
DAE avatar
ianb
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by ianb »

Error 0x7E is ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND and from a LoadLibrary() call means that another .DLL that the target .DLL has been statically linked with cannot be found.

Use a .DLL dependency printing program (e.g. dumpbin /imports) to check the list of required .DLL's.

And from the vague description above about where the op has the files, I would guess some of the various other .DLL's are not is a directory where windows looks for them any more. Micro$oft has significantly tightened the rules about where .DLL can be loaded from.
DAE avatar
Zathor
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:06 am

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Zathor »

neuron2 wrote:The DI software version is documented as alpha quality. It will likely not be developed any further. If you need a refund PM me your details.
Very sad to hear that. I was just going to try to add DGAVCDecDI into MeGUI. Nevertheless thank you very much for your effort!
Nick007 wrote:From experience of my friend, recent versions of Megui are bogus.
??? Please create a bug report or send me the details about the problems (here as a PM or in the doom9 forum). In my opinion there are sometimes of course new problems with newer builds but in general newer versions are less buggy than old ones.
But please keep in mind that MeGUI never supported DGAVCDecDI and (as written above) never will support it.

Btw I am going to remove the old DGAVCDec (should have done that already a long time ago).
DAE avatar
Matrosko
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Matrosko »

neuron2 wrote:The DI software version is documented as alpha quality. It will likely not be developed any further. If you need a refund PM me your details.
I can't because the forum doesn't let new useres to post private messages.
Thanks.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin »

I don't see any board settings to control that.

OK, send me an email. I need your registered email in any case to find you.
DAE avatar
Matrosko
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Matrosko »

neuron2 wrote:I don't see any board settings to control that.

OK, send me an email. I need your registered email in any case to find you.
The option:
PM:Send private message
Apperas only after 3 posts...now i can send pm anyway.
DAE avatar
Dal
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Dal »

neuron2 wrote:The DI software version is documented as alpha quality. It will likely not be developed any further. If you need a refund PM me your details.
This is very unfortunate.
I was coming to the forum to tell that the -"at" command line option does not seem to work, then I see this.

So there is no tool for us with AMD cards then, execpt the old dgavcindex then.

It's a shame.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin »

If your only issue is the -at option I can easily fix that, as long as you tell me how to reproduce it.

It's a shame you don't have an nVidia card. :agree:
DAE avatar
Dal
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Dal »

neuron2 wrote:If your only issue is the -at option I can easily fix that, as long as you tell me how to reproduce it.
I thank you for that, but there is also the issue where I have to wait several minutes before the file I try to open actually gets loaded into the program.
neuron2 wrote:It's a shame you don't have an nVidia card. :agree:
Yeah, well, it's a shame that this thing has to be gfx card specific.
IMO you should drop the HW accelleration thing and reprogram this fine program so it just works, regardless of hardware.

Thanks anyway.
DAE avatar
kypec
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:37 am

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by kypec »

Dal wrote:
neuron2 wrote:IMO you should drop the HW accelleration thing and reprogram this fine program so it just works, regardless of hardware.
I'd say that the program just works because it actually uses CUDA (nVidia specific feature) which makes your suggestion pointless ;)
BTW I've read somewhere that nVidia plans to open/release CUDA for other platforms as well so maybe there's a hope also for non-nVidia GPU to benefit from it in the future :?:
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin »

kypec wrote:I'd say that the program just works because it actually uses CUDA (nVidia specific feature) which makes your suggestion pointless ;)
BTW I've read somewhere that nVidia plans to open/release CUDA for other platforms as well so maybe there's a hope also for non-nVidia GPU to benefit from it in the future :?:
It uses CUVID to be more exact, but your point is correct. Your latter speculation will depend on whether they release a CUVID API for other platforms.
DAE avatar
Nick007
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by Nick007 »

Zathor wrote:
Nick007 wrote:From experience of my friend, recent versions of Megui are bogus.
??? Please create a bug report or send me the details about the problems (here as a PM or in the doom9 forum). In my opinion there are sometimes of course new problems with newer builds but in general newer versions are less buggy than old ones.
But please keep in mind that MeGUI never supported DGAVCDecDI and (as written above) never will support it.

Btw I am going to remove the old DGAVCDec (should have done that already a long time ago).
Well, I'm using 0.3.4.0, which you could say is ancient, but it never failed on me. Although, I'm using it only as simple preset and queue manager and use none of its auto tools. I don't know exactly what caused my friend problems, it's bit hard to understand him what actually doesn't work (he's Romanian...), but I gave him my Megui folder and it worked for him flawlessly. It may have been error on his end, some settings misconfiguration or something, or it could've been fixed in later version, because I think he's using some recent build now without problems.

Either way, my point was to try older version of Megui. Because, put simply, there is no reason why the script shouldn't work in Megui when it works elsewhere (previews in AvsPmod etc)...
DAE avatar
RedDwarf
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by RedDwarf »

Dal wrote: Yeah, well, it's a shame that this thing has to be gfx card specific.
IMO you should drop the HW accelleration thing and reprogram this fine program so it just works, regardless of hardware.

Thanks anyway.
HW acceleration/decoding does have a place, it's great for HD encoding but very poor when the encoder encoding rate is higher than about 105fps such as when encoding to XVid formats because the nVidia GPU cannot decode fast enough for the XVid encoder. It slows down the encoding process significantly even on previous generation CPU's.

I was just thinking about getting the DiAVC decoder so I could use DGAVCDecoderDI for XVid encoding but if it doesn't work with newer DiAVC releases and has been abandoned then there is not much point because I don't need a software AVC decoder for any other reason.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin »

With VP5 you can keep up with the encoder even with SD.
DAE avatar
RedDwarf
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by RedDwarf »

neuron2 wrote:With VP5 you can keep up with the encoder even with SD.
When I saw your post you raised my hopes until I looked at the available cards in the 500 series. The 520 is the closest things but it's a bottom end card with inadequate shaders and is inferior to my GT240 DDR5 card in all respects except for VP5. The GT545's have been made by the card manufacturers to fill the gap in the nVidia range between bottom end and mid range where the GT240 sits. Unfortunately the GT545 isn't a true 500 series card, it's a 400 series with VP4 video engine.

Then I saw the benchmarks :( 146fps at best is below the 140-160fps I can get when encoding XVids from Mpeg2. Newer Sandybridge CPU's should be able to get much higher encoding speeds than that. It's certainly an improvement but until there is a better card available than the GT520 I won't be upgrading my GT240. Unfortunately the only benchmark for the GTX550 looks incorrect and no better than a VP4 based card. That test rat video has a max bitrate of 34Mbps which is about 3x higher than what I usually encode so higher frame rates should be possible. However until a lower end 600 series card comes out I will wait.

Maybe nVidia has learned from the mistakes with the 500 series and will fill the gap between bottom end and mid range for the 600 series.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin »

I don't think the 550 has VP5.
DAE avatar
RedDwarf
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by RedDwarf »

Oh ic now, it was only introduced with the GT520 and included with the mobile 410M. I thought that it was included with most of the 500 series going by the core numbers because I thought that they disable sections of cores that fail testing to make the lower end models.

Therefore it looks like I will have to wait until a suitable 600 series card becomes available. The 520 isn't an option.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4453
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: DGAVCDecodeDI & MeGUI 2006 (svn) Crash

Post by admin »

:agree:

We are all waiting. :cry:
Post Reply