DGAVCDecDI 64-bit?

Support forum for DGAVCDecDI
flyordie

DGAVCDecDI 64-bit?

Post by flyordie »

Your DGAVCIndexDIManual.html mentions a 64-bit implementation, but there is only a 32-bit executable in the current and previous zip package. di-avc.com offers a 64-bit .ax file. Was/will there ever be a 64-bit implementation of this software?

Your software is awesome regardless.
admin

Re: DGAVCDecDI 64-bit?

Post by admin »

Maybe. But right now I have compatibility issues with the latest 32-bit diavc.ax to worry about.
DAE avatar
viper2k

Post by viper2k »

Are there any news for a DGAVCDecDI version with x64 support and using the (free) x64 DiAVC 1.2 ?
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Hello,

I am also interested in use x64 version of DGAVCDecDI. Do you plan release any newer 32bit or 64bit version of DGAVCDecDI ? I ask because sometimes I need to use computer without supported nvidia graphic card so DGAVCDecDI is the only choice. I would be very thankful, if it could be updated on the same level as DGDecNV.

Thank you for the reply
admin

Post by admin »

I don't have plans to do any further development on the DI stuff. I'm working on a version of DGDec that works with the Intel Media SDK, which will support SW and HW decoding.
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Simple recompile of the current source code to x64 isnt possible?
admin

Post by admin »

Sure it's possible, but it's not a "simple recompile". I would have testing, documentation, web site distribution, extra support... I have no plans for all that but if it is sufficiently important for you, you could offer me a contract to do it. I'll even sell you the source code if you want it.

I can't support it on the same level as DGDecNV because the third-party decoder support is inadequate for my needs. That's why it is stuck where it is.
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Hehe, thanks for the offer, but I dont want buy the source code :) Maybe you could release it as open source. Of course with removed regisration routines. ;)

I dont expect any type of support. You just could make available this x64 version of DGAVCDecDI for download and say "use at your own risk, without any warranty, dont expect any kind of support". DGDecNV you have also in both version and x64 you have as beta. And you dont need make another documentation for x64 version it is the same as for x32, isnt it?

I will respect that you dont want release the x64 version. I just wanted to say i would be very thankful for x64 version. And I guess some other users too.
admin

Post by admin »

It's just not trivial and dropping all my projects and ongoing activities to work on a dead project, I just can't justify it. I don't even have the source online anymore and I'd have to dust off disks, recreate everything, install some 64-bit Avisynth, try to get a functioning 64-bit diavc.ax, and get it registered for testing. While all thanks are appreciated, I'm afraid they are not sufficient compensation for everything I would have to do.

Try to transition to DGDecIM, which will get a 64-bit version in not too long.
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

I know. I am waiting on DGDecIM ;) . But If I understand correctly DGDecIM will not work on older CPU even not in sw mode. Or am I wrong and sw mode will be available for any SSE2/SSE3 CPU?
admin

Post by admin »

You'll have to check with Intel on that, as I do not know what processors are supported by the Intel Media SDK in SW mode. Nothing is stopping you from trying it yourself to see if it works on your system. Have you done that?
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Not yet, because I dont want loose another license just for the test ;)
admin

Post by admin »

Why do you think you need to lose a license? Is it a different machine? In any case, I always am happy to reset people's license counts to 0.
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Yes it is another older machine the rest of comupters have at least Sangy Bridge CPU. I think I have the last one license. I have generated so many licenses because I use sometimes computers at work for video processing. Also I waste some licenses because of changed hw ID if I have connected via VPN or using different network card on laptop (lan vs. wifi). Strange that if I connect via VPN the machine ID will change also.

License count reset is welcome ;)
admin

Post by admin »

AJR wrote: License count reset is welcome ;)
You need to send me an email with your user ID.
DAE avatar
AJR

Post by AJR »

Hi admin,

thanks for the reset.

I have tested Core2Duo P8700 which is old two core CPU and works fine in SW mode. It is really good news for me. The only bad news is that deinterlace isnt working in SW mode. Do you think it will work in future or it will never be available and I will have to choose some 3rd party deinterlace filter for Avisynth?
admin

Post by admin »

Glad it's at least decoding for you. Thanks for the testing report.

Sadly, there is no prospect of having deinterlacing in SW mode (it's an Intel limitation, not a DGDecIM one) and you will indeed need to use an external filter.