[RESOLVED] VUI import system

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
minda76

[RESOLVED] VUI import system

Post by minda76 »

Hi,
I'm using DGDecNV with StaxRip and there is something wrong with VUI import system, HDR10 parameters is incomplete. StaxRip altered VUI import system to match MediaInfo changes. Could you please take a look on this issue?
admin

Re: VUI import system

Post by admin »

I don't use StaxRip. If you want support you'll have to describe the issue referring only to my tools. Tell me the behavior that you expect.

All I do is detect the HDR SEIs in HEVC video (that is not VUI data) and record them in the DGI file. I do not do anything for AVC video. If you think I should be doing something in addition to that, please tell me what it is.

If you are talking about the StaxRip issue reported at another forum, there is nothing I know of that my tools can do to force StaxRip to set BT.709 for a HDR->SDR conversion. If you are aware of something, please let me know.
DAE avatar
minda76

Post by minda76 »

I index h265 hdr10 video file, then open it in staxrip and start encode. But after mediainfo update, i can’t see parameters like ‘’mastering display’’ etc., i think not all parameters are imported from indexed file. Before mediainfo update all was working fine.
admin

Post by admin »

If you can see the info in the DGI file but it doesn't appear in StaxRip, then you need to talk to the StaxRip author. I do not know what StaxRip does internally. If the info is not in the DGI file, then it is likely not present in the source file.

I doubt that StaxRip even looks at the DGI file, especially if you are opening an Avisynth+ script.

Finally, if the MediaInfo update caused the problem, then you can talk to the MediaInfo author.
DAE avatar
renols

Post by renols »

Hi.

Don't use new version of Mediainfo if you want it to show details in master display, and maybe other Places.

It has been changed to just show P3 or whatever matches the master display numbers it detects.

I am using an old 17.10 version of Mediainfo. Think that it was changed in the version following that.

It has nothing to do with dgdecnv.

renols
DAE avatar
minda76

Post by minda76 »

Thank you for the answers. I think mediainfo update caused the problem.