[CLOSED] Seeking to beginning of a title

Support forum for DGDecNV
DAE avatar
Xunkar

[CLOSED] Seeking to beginning of a title

Post by Xunkar »

I'm looking for a way to find out precisely where a video title begins. I have many DVDs of TV shows where multiple episodes are stored back to back in a single VOB. What I've been doing until now is manually selecting an episode in DGIndex and save it, but there are a few episodes where the audio will start slightly before the fade-in from black so it's impossible to tell where to place the start marker.

I've noticed that a software like Handbrake is able to tell where each title begins within the VOB and would like to know if DGIndex could do something like that (maybe by introducing a "next title" arrowhead in the UI) or if at the very least I can retrieve the information in some way. If I could say find out the timestamp of each title, I could index the whole VOB and seek to the right time through ffmpeg.
admin

Re: Seeking to beginning of a title

Post by admin »

You are looking for something like PGCDemux to properly split by episodes. DVD is too ancient for me to get motivated to add PGC parsing funtionality. Use the other popular forums to get help with it as here I support only DG tools.
DAE avatar
Xunkar

Post by Xunkar »

Thank you, PGCDemux seems perfect. But what would be the equivalent for BluRay m2ts? DGDecNV is made for such cases but I haven't been able to find a similar option.
admin

Post by admin »

I don't understand your further question. Can you give me a specific scenario, with a link to the relevant bluray disk?
DAE avatar
Xunkar

Post by Xunkar »

I have a BluRay where each m2ts contains multiple episodes (they are really short, that's probably the case) but when you play the BluRay you can navigate them individually, so I assumed there was an equivalent to PGC to separate them in titles. But I've realized that it's only chapter info, duh.
admin

Post by admin »

This thread may be of interest to you:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=710